Sunday, December 9, 2007

back in New York

I just returned from miami. It was my intention to meet a few of the people who collect my work in from my website but I got so buried I will try to return in feb. when art basel is not whirring around like a top. (I am sorry, I just got spread very thin by the whole thing.) I am exhausted and have to work on mural tomorrow to be finished before the new floor is put in. I need to start drawing and painting again as that is the real reason I started this whole thing, not to type tripe and gibberish. On my return flight I sat next to a Vietnam vet who was slowly losing his vision due to long term effects of agent orange. He told me he was trying to see as much art as he can in life before his vision is totally gone. It really got me thinking about how I take my vision for granted and what a great and profound gift thing the two little round things we call eyeballs really are.

No comments: