Thursday, October 9, 2008

Donation for auction


Ugly frame aside--this is an original Ambassador Queens yellow page painting of The Unisphere from the former worlds fair site in Queens. This is being donated to an auction to help preserve the existing site as it is in need of repair. I have painted this globe five times so I have developed an affinity for it. This was used for the 2006-2007 book cover. I simply dropped it into an existing frame that I owned to photograph it. Painting on yellow is a strange thing that forces yo uto think in very graphic color terms...I developed this style in the 11th hour as the art director drove all the way to my old apt in long island to pick up the painting..in a fit of desperation I began to attack the painting with flying colors and my fingers and what I thought was a failure--- they loved..after five years I now like my yellow page "style"

No comments: