Monday, February 11, 2008

what's it worth?

I read about a Zurich museum robbery this morning in which some valuable paintings were stolen. I began to think about the idea of the value of art and how relative it really is. Art is worth what people will pay for it. I wonder if they will one day have computer that will scan subjective items like art and make a value judgment of it. A lot of art has to do with the "back story" if you never heard of picasso and his legend would you stare at his paintings if they were in some antique shop or would you take out the painting and use the frame for something else? much like quantum physics, half the experience of art lies in the beholder. As the legend of Gardega grows and my bones are interred (along with my good), perhaps one day my paintings and art will be something that people will want to steal. Although I did have two glass art pieces stolen from a NYC night club....

No comments: