Tuesday, October 14, 2008

framed

I found these pictures tonight. A collector of my work sent me these photos a while back (don?) . There are few things that make me happier than to know that somebody likes my work enough to buy it and frame it and hang in there house. If you hang art in your house you live with it everyday and have a relationship with that art. It becomes part of your life. The top left piece is a butterfly painting I like but dont love, next is my underground sun painting which I like because when you photograph it the gold leaf sun reflects light back at camera. Next is my self portrait brooding as a teenager--one day that will be valuable. Next is my ophelia print of my glass art. And last is another teen portrait..the weird thing is if I look at an old self portrait it is like I remember the exact moment I made it and how I felt...Most of my art brings me back to a moment--good or bad.

No comments: