Sunday, July 8, 2007

PC

I was thinking about something this morning---I have decided the one great threat to art and artists is not climate change but rather political correctness. In my opinion it is simply the embryonic form of thought control. I never understood artists who were politically correct or willing to self-neuter themselves to make sure not to offend anyone. I look at my bookshelves and I wonder which novels would never see the light today thanks to the PC police. My favorite Novel, Huck Finn, would be the first to go in the trash heap if reviewed for publication today, then say goodbye to joseph conrad, hemingway and so on down the shelf. Artists push boundaries and attempting to bend over backward not to offend anyone turns one homogenized milk. I believe that Orwellian group- think is the real cloud on our horizion as we row towards the future. I just re-read 1984 and Brave New world and I would recommend both as a good beach read for anyone who cares--- Now back to our regular programming.

No comments: