Sunday, July 8, 2007

Staten Island


Here is the book cover I am painting of staten island. (I am nearing completion. )It is often a case of finding something to be excited about in a painting so you can stay interested in what you are working on. If you just go through the motions the piece will not have any life and if you do a lifeless photo-realistic rendering it will be even worse. I like to get involved in the piece, I can never sketch out a whole thing ahead of time like I am in some science lab. Painting is a living organism and must be coaxed along as such. If I was a computer artist I would save a million headaches for myself and then again I would be just another pixel puller without a an actual hard copy or finished piece or canvas . I am still working on the "boardwalkers..."

sorry for the dark photo.

No comments: