Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Brooklyn Bridge


After I painted this I became obsessed with the brooklyn Bridge. At this time I was also dating a beautiful girl Brooklyn girl named Monika and one morning as I left to get bagels I saw these books all over the streets. It was a surreal experience. She (Monika) was an angel but we parted ways eventually. Painting these covers for 4 years has been a delight! Ambassador Yellow Pages is a wonderful company.-- Painting on a yellow "base" opened up a whole new challenge for me in art, I had to invent a whole new style to make these work. If only relationships were as sturdy as this structure. The original is for sale but I don't want to sell it so it is not cheap. (If one looks closely they might even find Monika's initials hidden somewhere on this piece)

alex

No comments: