Sunday, June 10, 2007

taking a break

Since this thing got started I have lost ten pounds due to stress and 18 hr days. Every night I think about how I could have finished one more drawing or mailed out ten more orders. After 12 hrs work today I forced my self into my kayak and hit the long Island Sound. I am learning that you have to put aside some leisure time and clear up the old head. Art is what I live for but there is a time to get away from the table and see the world. Drinking yourself to the floor after three weeks in a cave is not a way to handle stress. I knew/ know technically genius artists who never left their studio and have about as much life in them as linoleum. Art is about life, the art and artists that interest me are ones who have some LIFE in their work. I could care less if you know how to render a teapot where it almost looks like it could be picked up-----I own a thing called a camera. Get out there and see whats in front of you. Mix it up.

No comments: