Wednesday, June 6, 2007

After Degas--woman in dress


This piece is in decent condition and is from my degas copying period...I am not going put this on ebay until tonight so If someone wants to make an offer on it..please email me today, I will be carving glass in Brooklyn today but I shall return later. It is better shape than much of the stuff from this period. (I personally like to see art/ drawings that show a little age as they give you more of a sense of being from another time.) When I was in art school nobody spoke of Degas but they sure raved about the soulless dribble that bled from the hand of that painter of aristocrats--- Sargent.

10 x 14

charcoal and watercolor on honey colored paper with white gouache highlights.

link below:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=87404769&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=290126308864&lk=URL

alex

No comments: