Monday, June 4, 2007

my first glass sculpture


(I shudder to even look at this piece) all I can see are the horrible errors and shortcomings.. I made this piece to teach myself how to carve glass. I did sell this this piece eventually for $10,000 dollars. However, I had long ago dropped out of art school (I had made it in a desperate attempt to pay for school--- such is life!) the thing that interests me about this piece is I later found out that this is an "alchemical symbol" I found that many of my works and pieces were based on alchemy without my knowledge of it. My later studies of Carl Jung made sense of this phenomenon. Alchemy was the root of much great renaissance art, a fact still unknown to many of my art school classmates and professors who think "sacred geometry" is a small country off the coast of sweden.

No comments: