Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Good Morning

I slept from 12 to 3 last night and have been working away ever since. They are starting to know me now at 7-11 now as I get my 4 am big gulps and NY post there every morning. I am so excited to get the final big batch of art out today so I can start painting again and even try to breathe a bit. I tried to fill orders according to peoples requests as best I could but very often it became a matter of just getting art out to people. If you really had your heart set on a style or piece, let me know and I will try to accommodate. I had to balance trying to read each letter sent as far as style requests etc and getting the work out in a timely manner. In some cases I have enclosed a water color instead of three sketches and I hope that is okay with people as the watercolors are more valuable. I need to take a painting trip and re-charge soon. Today I will surprise my assistant with a raise for all her hard work. In the future if someone sends me 10 to 50 dollars I can only promise to give you art--- I cannot look through my work to fill requests unless you send 100 and up. there is just not enough time. Most people paint and draw to music, I prefer to paint to late night infomercials.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Getting a bit grumpy in your success? Geez.

So you know, you're going to have to get this sleep thing into a decent, real world pattern if you plan a trip to San Francisco. 'Cause if you wake me up at 4AM asking for a Big Gulp, I just may cannibalize you!