Saturday, June 9, 2007

Citizens Against Government Waste


Again I shy away from politics on this blog. I personally think that to identify too strongly with a party (left or right) blindly is simplistic. I think the government is a big, wasteful machine whose only purpose is to take away your rights and money. I do free illustration work for the Citizens Against Government Waste---a non partisan group dedicated to eliminating government waste including the greatest evil we face which are "earmarks"... earmarks are spending projects added to random bills at the last minute by anonymous politicos that are not required to have any transparency. I believe that you should have to ID yourself before you add an "earmark" to a bill as they are just another way to waste money on projects that are for special interest groups. If you want a good glimpse into government efficiency go to the post office three times a day... I hope I made sense of this issue....now back to the regular programming...

alex

No comments: